Week 3 — layer-2 scaling ecosystem newsletter
⭐️ Layer-2 wallets
Argent has the first mover advantage among wallets which support the layer-2 scaling ecosystem solutions based on zkRollup such as zkSync and StarkNet.
Some key highlights were:
- Argent now allows purchasing crypto on layer-2 (L2) with Ramp network
- Trading on layer-2 will soon be possible on Argent with the ZigZag exchange integration
- Argent presented benefits of account abstraction on a recent community call with the StarkWare team. You can follow the exact timestamp here
⭐️ Layer-2 DEX
ZigZag exchange is still the leading decentralised exchange focused on layer-2 scaling solutions leveraging zkRollups. There are so many amazing features in pipeline with this DEX and some of the most interesting ones are:
- Permissionless listing of trading pairs
- Support for limit and margin orders once integration with zkSync 2.0 is complete
- Accelerating the withdrawal of assets from L2 to L1 over zkSync 1.0
ZigZag exchange recently won the grant round #12 of Gitcoin here
They received more than 186K USD of funding through this grant.
⭐️ Starkware ecosystem
Migration of Ecomi to Ethereum ecosystem powered by Immutable and Starkware
All the VeVe official NFTs on ETH layer-2 were reminted. They minted more than 3 million NFTs in 24 hours which highlights the power of scalability of StarkEx (a scaling solution developed by Starkware)
StartkNet has added support for Ethereum signatures on testnet and this could be an indication that we can soon begin to see support for StarkNet on popular wallets such as Metamask.